The World's Top 10 Cities for Plastic Surgery
The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Global Survey estimates there are over 30,000 plastic surgeons performing 17 million plastic surgeries all over the world each year. Below is a list of ten cities offering some of top talent and best deals in the global plastic surgery market today.
1. Miami, USA - It wasn't some quirk of luck that brought TV drama “Nip/Tuck” to choose Miami as its backdrop; the southern city really is a hub for cosmetic transformations. A recent survey through the American Society of Plastic Surgeons found that Miami has a whopping 18 plastic surgeons for every 100,000 residents over 18. The Cleveland Clinic, the Mount Sinai Medical Center, and the University of Miami Hospital, are just a few places one can go to receive world class surgical treatments.
2. New York, USA - New York City is the heart of American culture, technology, and innovation, and plastic surgery is no different. Nearly 600 plastic surgeons currently operate within Manhattan, and the metropolis is also home to nine major hospitals. This year New York’s own Dr. Matthew Schulman was picked one of the “Top Plastic Surgeons in America” in Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.'s 2012 guide, "America’s Top Doctors."
3 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Rio de Janeiro is Brazil’s second largest city and home to the renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Ivo Pitanguy and his clinic, Clínica Ivo Pitanguy, where dozens of plastic surgeons train each year. Brazil as a country takes the award of most plastic surgeons per capita, with over 4,500 licensed plastic surgeons working in the country of 192 million people. Medical tourists flock to Rio for popular procedures such as tummy tucks, breast augmentations, face lifts and rhinoplasty, which usually run from $3,000 to $6,500.
4. Los Angeles, USA Home to Hollywood, Los Angeles knows a thing or two when it comes to enhancing appearances. Over a 134 Californian plastic surgeons made the peer rated “U.S. News List of Top Doctors,” 32 of which also made the “America’s Top Doctors” award as well. While it certainly won’t be the cheapest destination on the list, Los Angeles has state-of-the-art facilities that perform aesthetic enhancements on some of nation’s top celebrities.
5. Seoul, South Korea - Recent statistics posted by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery show that South Korea is the world’s largest market for cosmetic surgery, with 20% of Korean women ages 19 to 49 having had at least one plastic surgery procedure. Seoul in particular is becomes a world destination for celebrity emulation plastic surgery, perhaps in correlation with the recent rise of South Korean pop music. South Korea is also a leader in technological innovation, with electronic health filing rapidly becoming the standard at all South Korean hospitals while most American and European hospitals are still mired in paper.
6. Dunyagoz, Turkey - Dunyagoz is known for its ophthalmology center but also boasts certified doctors in plastic surgery, laser eye surgery, and dental treatment. Turkey is a popular destination for cosmetic vacations because of its English speaking doctors, cut-rate medical prices, lavish beaches, and more JCI-accredited health care facilities than anywhere outside the USA. It is estimated that Turkey treats nearly a quarter of a million foreign patients each year.
7. Bangkok, Thailand - Each year the “Land of Smiles” brings in thousands of Americans looking for cosmetic procedures followed by relaxation at Thai plastic surgery centers. What puts Thai plastic surgery on par with some of the other places on this list is that many of their surgeons are certified by both American and Australian plastic surgery boards, all doctors and hospitals in Thailand are internally licensed by a medical council designed to mirror the standards of American Medical Council, and prices for many procedures are under 50% of what similar procedures net in the states.
8. San Jose, Costa Rica - With cosmetic procedure prices averaging 66% cheaper than in the states, Costa Rica has become a world plastic surgery destination. Helping matters is the fact that it’s only a seven to ten hour flight from most US cities and tourists do not need a visa to stay for up to ninety days, a good buffer time for plastic surgery recovery. Hospital Clinica Biblica and Hopsital CIMA are just two JCI-accredited hospitals that specifically that cater their medical expertise toward the international crowd.
9. Mumbai, India Home to the Cosmetic Surgery Institute, The Academy of Anti-Ageing, and headquarters for the Indian Society of Cosmetic Surgery, Mumbai has a lot of to offer those seeking hyper-affordable and professional plastic surgery. Approximately 500,000 foreign patients traveled to India for medical care in 2005, making foreign medical tourism a billion dollar industry in India.
10. Singapore, Singapore - This tiny nation of just over five million has a health care system ranked by the World Health Organization to be the 6th best in the world (USA is 37th). A $300 million dollar health center dubbed “The Biopolis” currently leads some of the world’s most advanced stem cell research beginning to be applied in some cosmetic procedures. Many qualified plastic surgeons and clinics can be found through the Singapore Association of Plastic Surgeons and Singapore General Hospital websites.
Looking for top-tier cosmetic surgery a little closer to home? Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a certified plastic surgeon in your area.
USC and Operation Smile Partner Together for Surgical Training Program
New Documentary Examines Plastic Surgery Through Comediennes
Cryotherapy: The Newest Anti-Aging Treatment
What Would You Change About Your Spouse's Appearance?
Do Teachers in Buffalo, New York Really Get Free Plastic Surgery?
Wealthy College Student Spends $43,000 on Plastic Surgery Every Year
Demand for Non-surgical Plastic Surgery is Booming
Plastic Surgery Concierge - An Option If You Have The Money
3 Useful Tips for Avoiding Botched Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery without General Anesthesia
Plastic Surgeons Turning to Snapchat
Plastic Surgery Nightmare: When Fillers Go Wrong!
New Research Shows That Ibuprofen is Safe to Use Following Plastic Surgery
North Korean Defectors Getting Help Assimilating from South Korean Plastic Surgeons
Top Five Cosmetic Procedures Men Spend Money On
Chinese Woman Completes Eight-Year Plastic Surgery Journey to Look Like Popular Actress
More Young Adults Are Getting Plastic Surgery
About Face: These Trends Are Changing the Plastic Surgery Industry
What Is the Fastest-Growing Plastic Surgery Procedure in America?
Z is for Zwivel: Meet the App That’s Changing Plastic Surgery
More Millennials Seeking Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery Reaches New Heights in United States: $13.5 Billion
Mother of Five Spends $500,000 to Look Like Barbie
An Origin Story: Plastic Surgery
3D Printing Technology Being Used in Reconstructive Plastic Surgeries
Popularity of Plastic Surgery in China is Good News for Two Stocks
United Kingdom Sets Plastic Surgery Record
SculpSure: Revolutionizing the Body Contouring Industry
All I Want for Christmas: Is Botox This Season’s Hottest Gift?
New Service Looks to Change the Face of Plastic Surgery Consultation
Trending Now: Cosmetic Surgery on Rise in Iran
Economic Downturn in Venezuela Leads to Boom in Plastic Surgery
Labiaplasty Becoming More Popular Among Young Women
Labiaplasty Becoming More Popular Among Young Women
4 Tips to Find the Right Plastic Surgeon
Is the New FDA-Approved Implant Better Than Silicone and Saline?
Plastic Surgeons in South Korea Offering Free Procedures for North Korea Defectors
Los Angeles-Based Plastic Surgeon Is Helping To Correct Deformities in Children
Holiday Season Keeping Cosmetic Surgeons Busy
Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures are Less Invasive
Plastic Surgery: Men Get It, Too!
French Couple Undergoes Intense Plastic Surgery To Look Like Barbie and Ken
What Celebrity Body Parts Are the Most Requested By Plastic Surgery Patients?
Can You Get Your Insurance to Cover Cosmetic Surgery?
Interest in Plastic Surgery Booming for Brazilian Men
Is the Fitness Craze Leading to a New Plastic Surgery Craze?
10 Plastic Surgery Facts You Should Know
Bullied Kid Undergoes Plastic Surgery on His Ears
Children Undergoing Ear Surgery to Put a Stop to Bullying
The Ins and Outs of Plastic Surgery Seasonality
Five Ways To Improve Your Appearance Without Plastic Surgery
Five Ways to Save Money on Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery Trends of 2015: Butt Augmentation, Labiaplasty and More
Human Ken Doll No. 2: UK Man Spends $250K to Transform Self into Barbie's Beau
Reconstructing Hope: Plastic Surgery for Disfigured Veterans
The Exciting Technological Advances in Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery in Thailand: Safe or Seriously Risky?
Nose Jobs in the 6th Century BC: All Pain, Minimal Gain
Plastic Surgery Tourism in South Korea: Lots of Perks and Lower Costs
Do Your Homework Before Undergoing Plastic Surgery
They Like Big Boobs and They Cannot Lie: Brazil's Plastic Surgery Boom
Despite Budget Defecit, School District Covering Plastic Surgery for Teachers
AARPretty: Retirees Investing in Plastic Surgery
From Eyelash Transplants to Thigh Gaps: Unusual Trends in Plastic Surgery
Baby, All I Want for Christmas is Plastic Surgery
Surgeons Preserve Racial Differences with Ethnic Plastic Surgery
Double Take: The Many Reasons for Double-Eyelid Surgery
Like Mother, Like Daughter: Farrah Abraham's Mom Debuts a New Face
'It's Such a Sexy Look': Woman Transforms Self Into Sex Doll
South Korean Plastic Surgery TV Show a Big Hit
Demand Dominates Dubai: Plastic Surgery Still Growing
Can Plastic Surgery Change People’s Perception of You?
Botched Highlights the Ugly Side of Plastic Surgery
Television Reveals Ups and Downs of Plastic Surgery
Dermal Fillers at the Dentist? The Danger of Cosmetic Convenience
Study Shows Comestic Procedures Rose Over 200 Percent By 2015
Butt Augmentation on the Rise Thanks to Kim Kardashian
Is Google Glass the Future of Surgery?
Glamour on the Gaza Strip: Cosmetic Surgery Surprisingly on the Rise
Australia Considering New Guidelines for Cosmetic Procedures
Ouch! Botched Circumcision Leads to World's First Successful Penis Transplant
Should Miss Universe Contestants Be Allowed Plastic Surgery?
Boy with 'Devil Hands' Undergoes Corrective Surgery
Plastic Surgeon Reeling In Patients Via Snapchat and Instagram
The New Face of Facelifts: Affordable, Minimally Invasive Procedures on the Rise
Paging Dr. C-3PO: Robotic Microsurgery Gaining Steam
New Procedure could Alleviate Migraines, but what do Neurologists Think?
Doctor Donates Plastic Surgery Expertise to KFC Girl
The 'Eternal' Joan Rivers Dies at 81
If You're Overweight, You May Want to Reconsider Plastic Surgery
Ageless Beauty: The Future of Plastic Surgery
The Global Leaders in Plastic Surgery
Weight Loss Procedures Leading to Huge Growth in Excess Skin Removal Treatments
New 3D Printing Technology Can Give You a Plastic Surgery Preview
Pairing Fat Grafts with Facelifts for More Youthful Results
Forget About Burning Fat—Try Freezing It!
Breast Implants Allow Effective Mammograms, Breastfeeding and Long-Term Safety
Is Weight Loss Surgery the Best Cure for Diabetes?
After Lip Swelling Died Down, Farrah Abraham Let Loose on 'Botched'
What Are the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Requests?
Can You Be Too Old for Plastic Surgery?
From Dumbo to Delighted: Bullied Girl Receives Free Plastic Surgery
Male Plastic Surgery Trends Mirror Women's
Selfie Surgery Craze Fuels Narcissistic Personality Disorder
‘Atlanta Plastic’ Follows Three African-American Surgeons
What to Expect From Plastic Surgery at Any Age
Which Type of Cosmetic Surgery Is Right for You?
Operation Smile: Reducing Cleft Palete Around the World
Nose Jobs Through the Ages
Should Doctors Who Aren’t Cosmetic Surgeons Perform Cosmetic Surgeries?
Competition Fuels Increase in Breast Augmentation for Mormon Women
Plastic Surgery Travel Guide
Unsafe Plastic Surgery Trends in China
South Korea's Billion Dollar Plastic Surgery Business
Using Plastic Surgery to Avoid Forced Retirement
Plastic Surgery Becoming More Popular for Middle-Aged Americans
Pampering or Plastic Surgery: That is the Question
The Future of Surgical Procedures Scholarship – Plastic Surgery Portal
Top 10 Plastic Surgery Videos on Youtube
Stem Cells and Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery Demographics
Top 5 Plastic Surgery Societies
Plastic Surgery Solves Deformity Problems in Tanzania
Trending: Mother Spends Life Savings on Plastic Surgery
9 Amusing and Imaginary Surgeries
Nationwide Increase in Hispanic Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery for Two
Reconstructing a Young Animal Attack Victim
Friends Don't Let Friends Muffin Top?
Has Plastic Surgery Gone to the Dogs?
Look Like Yourself Again… By Having More Plastic Surgery
Man Pays $100k for Sofia Vergara's Cheekbones
Can 'Botched' Season 2 Top the Uniboob and Bieber Lookalike?
Cocaine Nose: The Nose of a Decade Past Haunts this Woman
Would You Shell Out $3000 for Selfie-Worthy Hands?
Hippocratic D'oh-ath: Surgeon Sued Over Breaking Trust
'Real Housewives' Star Chooses Botox Over Beau
Heart Nipples and Cartoon Characters: One Woman's £130k Transformation
Jenner Watch: Has Bruce Finally Transitioned?!
'Real Housewives' Star, Kyle Richards, Spills on Cosmetic Secrets
Meet Boo and Bee, Courtney Stodden's Breast Implants
A New World Record? Woman Spends $40k on Surgery before 25
Abused Dog Gets Second Chance After Surgery
Botox, Boyfriends, and Boob Jobs: Twins Share Everything
Do You Even Dubai?: The Latest Plastic Surgery Hotspot
Just Like My Selfie: Instagram-Fueled Plastic Surgery
Surgery Restores Grandmother's Sense of Smell After 37 Years
A Fashion Show of the Plastic Persuasion
The Crazy 8: Wilder Surgeries You’ve Never Heard Of
Specialized Pillow Removes Wrinkles While You Sleep
US Reports 3% Increase in Plastic Surgery Procedures in 2013
Human Ken Doll Gets More Surgeries!
Men's Cosmetic Procedures Skyrocket 106%
Twins Share Plastic Surgery and Boyfriend
Scotch Tape Plastic Surgery?
Persian New Year Signifies More Plastic Surgery
Ageism Influences Plastic Surgery in Silicon Valley and Beyond
Katella Dash's Plastic Obsessions
Plastic Surgery Sculpture Unveiled
Affordable Care Act Survey Reveals Nervous Plastic Surgeons
Social Media Impacts Plastic Surgery for Young and Old Alike
Breast Augmentation Surgery Tops Annual Reports
Plastic Surgery Causing Tighter Passport Restrictions
Con-Artist Underwent Plastic Surgery to Avoid Arrest
In the News: Widower Wins $2.3 Million After Wife Dies During Liposuction
Female Genital Plastic Surgery on the Rise
Plastic Surgeon Gives Daughters Plastic Surgery
How Odd: Unconventional Cosmetic Trends
Increase in Plastic Surgery for Engaged Women
White Man Gets Plastic Surgery to Look Asian
In the News: Higher Taxes for Seoul Plastic Surgery
Which 5 Countries Choose Plastic Surgery the Most?
'Zombie' Plastic Surgery?
Older Man Gets Plastic Surgery to Keep Up with 33-Year-Old Wife
Beverly Hills Doctors Migrating to the Middle East?
Documenting Plastic Surgery on Social Media: A New Trend for Doctors?
Nine Male Celebrities That Owned Up to Their Cosmetic Procedures
Chinese Women Turn to Cosmetic Surgery to Compete in the Job Industry
South Korean Cosmetic Culture
Luxury NYC Hotel Offers Plastic Surgery Package
How War Inspired a Revolution in Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
Trending: Wedding Day Plastic Surgery Options
Love at First Consultation: Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon Creates “Super Woman” Wife
Plastic Surgery Patients Rule the Runway at Fashion Week
Is China Over-Indulging in Cheap Plastic Surgery?
Plastic Surgery Simulator App Allows Pre-Surgery Simulations for Potential Patients
Sydney Leathers Spends $40,000 on Plastic Surgery
Toronto Plastic Surgeons Identify Factors that Lead to Rhinoplasty Satisfaction
Dallas Surgeons Host Public Cosmetic Surgery Reception
ASPS Names New President
Plastic Surgeons Congregate in San Diego for ASPS Annual Meeting
Superman Fan Fulfills His Obsession with Plastic Surgery
Cosmetic Surgery Clinics Offer Deals Despite Government Recommendations
Tunisia Hosts International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Convention
Five Things Plastic Surgeons Won't Tell You
Sharon Osbourne Says Plastic is Not Always So Fantastic
Venezuela Beauty Pageants Affecting Local Viewers
Heidi-Watch: Heidi Montag Removes Oversized Breast Implants
Genocide Survivors to Receive Free Plastic Surgery
Dermatologic Surgeons Top Other Surgeons in Cosmetic Surveys
More South Florida Couples Undergoing Plastic Surgery Together
Venezuelan Mannequins Promoting Unrealistic Standards for Beauty
Eight People with Extreme Celebrity Plastic Surgery Obsessions
Plastic Surgery Consultant with 128 Plastic Surgeries
US Plastic Surgeons Provide Free Treatment to Female Victims in India
Groundbreaking Plastic Surgeon Dies
Seoul Pledges to Levy Tax on Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic Surgery Center to Start Accepting Bitcoin as Payment
“Ugly” Sisters Transformed into Plastic Surgery Princesses
Man Divorces Woman over Plastic Surgery
In the News: Plastic Surgery Painkiller Thefts
Trending: A Post-Holiday Surge in Plastic Surgery
Organic Plastic Surgery?
NYC Nonprofit Offers Free Plastic Surgery to Bullied Teens
Does Marijuana Cause Male Breast Enlargement?
Plastic Surgery Advice from the Front Lines
Butt Implants on the Black Market
UK Plastic Surgeries Top 50,000 for First Time in 2013
Woman Attains Free Breast Implants from the Internet?
Korean Reporter Undergoes Dramatic Jaw Surgery
Plastic Surgery Slang?
Plastic Surgery Abroad Still Popular
Dallas Doctor Refutes Wall Street Journal on Plastic Surgery
Lunchtime Plastic Surgeries: Open for Business!
Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures for Guys
2010 Plastic Surgery Statistics
2011 Plastic Surgery Statistics Released: Comparing ASAPS and ASPS Results
2009 Plastic Surgery Statistics
2008 Plastic Surgery Statistics
Latest Plastic Surgery News
Baby Boomers Embrace Plastic Surgery
Bullied Girl Receives Free Cosmetic Ear Surgery
C-Section Scar Removal Surgery
Cosmetic Surgery and Athletes
Crimes of Fake Miami Plastic Surgeon Prove Importance of Choosing Board-Certified Doctors
Dr. Sam Speron Joins Plastic Surgery Portal in Chicagoland
Dream Look Instant Eye Lift Review
The 8 Most Bizarre Body Modification Surgeries
Ethnic Plastic Surgery: Enhancing Without Erasing
Extreme Plastic Surgery Patients Pose for Photography Exhibit
Face Transplant Patient Connie Culp Steps Into Spotlight
5 Medical Discoveries That Changed Surgery Forever
Glowing Liquids Shed New Light on Plastic Surgery Procedures
Hands Provide Major Clues on a Person’s Real Age
The Hidden Risks of Medical Tourism
Holiday Season Brings Cosmetic Industry Boom
'Human Barbie' Sarah Burge Gives Daughter Plastic Surgery Vouchers
Latest Development in Cosmetic Imaging: The VECTRA M3 3-D System
Leg Extension Surgery: A Legitimate Option?
Male Plastic Surgery Numbers Continue to Grow
Meet Cindy Jackson, Record Holder for Most Plastic Surgery Procedures
My Free Implants? Assessing a Controversial Breast Enhancement Site
Nip Tuck Love: Couples Plastic Surgery on the Rise
Permanent Hair Removal
Plastic Surgery Can Improve Sex Life, Study Says
Plastic Surgery in the High Fashion Modeling World
Plastic Surgery Leftovers: What Happens When the Procedure is Over?
Plastic Surgery Open for Business in Afghanistan
Product Review: Neckline Slimmer
Record Number of Cosmetic Procedures Performed in 2009
Senior Citizens & Plastic Surgery: A New Trend?
'Smartphone Face': Is Your iPhone Giving You Wrinkles?
Social Media's Impact on Plastic Surgery
Sono Bello Body Contour Centers Join Plastic Surgery Portal
Teen Plastic Surgery Rate Decreased in 2010
10 American Icons of Cosmetic Surgery
Top 5 Fastest Rising Plastic Surgery Procedures
Top 5 Plastic Surgery Stories of 2010
Trusted Plastic Surgery Sites
The Ultimate Disguise: Criminals Using Plastic Surgery to Evade Capture
TV's 'Magic City' has Trouble Casting Natural Bosoms
Wall Street Banker Tells Oprah How Plastic Surgery Boosted Her Career
Who's Really Botching Surgeries?
The World's Top 10 Cities for Plastic Surgery
Online Consultation for Plastic Surgery Procedures
Why Vegans Make Great Plastic Surgery Patients