By nature, plastic surgery isn’t cheap. Real plastic surgeons—and you should always see one with proper board certification—have endured around 12 years of education and training just so they can operate on patients in a manner that’s safe and effective. There’s also a slew of associated fees, like hospital gowns, anesthesia, and post-operative care that add up to a hefty sum. Fortunately, you don’t have to break the bank to make major improvements in your appearance. The following plastic surgery procedures offer the most affordable route to smoother skin, a straighter nose, and even a flatter tummy.
1. Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty. Year after year, rhinoplasty remains one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures on the market. In 2011, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ranked rhinoplasty as the sixth most performed surgery. Traditional rhinoplasty involves costly anesthesia, invasive surgery, and a lengthy recovery. Certain aesthetic nose issues can be solved without surgery. Non-surgical rhinoplasty uses dermal fillers like Restylane and Juvederm to alter the appearance of the nose almost instantly, eliminating the need for surgery. This procedure is best for people seeking to smooth out humps, add volume, or create a more symmetrical nose. Non-surgical rhinoplasty will run you about $700—quite a savings compared to the surgical route that costs upwards of $4,500.
2. Fractional Laser Resurfacing As men and women age, one of the first features to fall prey to the elements is the skin. Wrinkles, sagging, dullness, and age spots are sure signs of aging. Also known as fractional photothermolysis, laser skin resurfacing uses a specially designed tool to heat up sections of the skin while leaving others dormant. Heat destroys damaged skin cells and forces fresh ones to grow. This non-ablative process results in skin that looks dramatically younger, without the major healing time associated with invasive treatments. Laser skin resurfacing is also beneficial to people with acne scarring and hyperpigmentation. Expect to spend anywhere from $400 for spot treatments to $2,000 for the entire face. Pricewise, it beats a facelift.
3. Breast Reduction. Breast reduction delves deep into the realm of augmentation surgery, removing varying amounts of natural breast tissue until a desirable shape appears. Sounds expensive, right? It doesn’t have to be. Despite being a lengthy procedure, breast reduction surgery is often fully or partially covered by health insurance. Even if you’re most interested in downsizing your bust for appearance’s sake, there’s a good chance that your large breasts inhibit your life and health in other ways. Insurance companies recognize symptoms of oversized breasts like chronic back pain and difficulty exercising as logical reasons to undergo the surgery. Meet with a plastic surgeon to discover more about breast reduction and insurance coverage.
4. Injectables. The emergence of dermal fillers and Botox rocked the world of plastic surgery. Non-surgical injectables like Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse offer a range of aesthetic improvements for a fraction of the price of surgery. Use injectables to erase wrinkles from around the eyes, mouth, and forehead without a face lift. Some injectables can be used to “plump up” skin that has lost its youthful elasticity, marking a reasonable alternative to facial implants. The prices of injectables depend on the product used, but most reputable providers offer them in the $350-$800 range.
5. VelaShape. Thanks in part to the Kardashian sisters, VelaShape is one of the most popular—and affordable—ways to slim down your figure. The treatment uses an impressive combination of radio frequencies, light energy, and massage techniques to eradicate unwanted fat. VelaShape doesn’t use anesthesia or needles, making it the first choice for the surgery-shy. While it won’t replace the dramatic results of traditional liposuction, it can cut inches from people concerned about their belly, hips, buttocks, and thighs. A package of 3-4 sessions costs around $1,500.
Plastic Surgery Portal offers a free scheduling service for the country’s top plastic surgeons, medspas, and aesthetic clinics. Browse our directory today to find a provider near you, or contact our representatives. During your consultation, you’ll have the opportunity to learn in-depth information about prices, candidacy, expected results, and more.