In the flashy, appearance-obsessed world of Hollywood, plastic surgery has become commonplace among celebrities. Yet it was not always considered normal, and often stars were criticized for having work done to improve their face or body. Women who undergo breast augmentation are often targeted by media, fans and other celebrities. In honor of those female stars who took a chance and went under the knife, we have listed ten of the most famous breast implants ever!
1. Pamela Anderson: The former Baywatch babe and Playmate has been in the spotlight most of her life, starting as Labatt’s Blue Zone Girl in Vancouver in the late eighties. After appearing in Playboy magazine twice, Anderson decided to get breast implants, and her stardom skyrocketed. She appeared many more times in the magazine and landed acting gigs on some of televisions most popular shows. Thanks to her busty figure and controversial personal life, Pamela Anderson has become a pop-culture icon and continues to flaunt her breast implants without shame.
2. Carmen Electra: Yet another former Playboy model and Baywatch actress, Carmen Electra got double D breast implants over ten years ago. She has since admitted that she probably did not need to go so big, but it is safe to say that much of her fame as been due to her large chest and flattering figure.
3. Heidi Montag: There is no denying that Heidi Montag—:former Hills castmember—had some work done. In fact, there was a whole People magazine article documenting her excessive plastic surgery experience where she had ten procedures in one day. Even with all she had done, her breast implants have caused the biggest stir, sitting at a whopping G-cup size. In the months following her surgery, she has said she would like to reduce the size of the implants, but the untimely death of her plastic surgeon may make that a bit difficult. For now, the reality tv star will have to live with the body she chose.
4. Victoria Beckham: Former pop-princess and member of the Spice Girls, Victoria Beckham—also known as Posh Spice—had breast implants back in 1999, when she increased her then A cups to D cups. According to tabloid reports, she had a second operation to increase them to double Ds two years later. Even though her singing career launched her into the spotlight, it was her marriage to David Beckham and her new look that truly made her a paparrazi target.
5. Dolly Parton: One of the older celebrities on our list, Dolly Parton has been an icon in the country music scene since her songwriting days in the late 1960s. Apart from her long list of number-one hits, movie credits and television appearances, Dolly Parton is well-known for her “image,” which she has proudly admitted is due to plastic surgery. In fact, she told Oprah Winfrey that plastic surgery is the only way to keep her famous look and if something was sagging or dragging, she was going to have it nipped and tucked.
6. Anna Nicole Smith: From a less-than-ideal job as a dancer at a topless bar in Houston, Anna Nicole Smith exploded onto the scene after winning the Playboy Cover Contest and appeared on the front of the magazine at the age of 24. It wasn’t just her spunky personality, long blonde locks and bright smile that turned heads, but also her over-the-top breast implants. Anna Nicole opted to have breast enhancement surgery—two implants in each breast—after she was discovered by a photographer in Texas and decided to pursue modeling. Since her first cover, Anna Nicole was named playmate of the year in 1993, got the gig as a GUESS model, married a multi-millionaire 63 years her senior and got her own reality television show on E! They may not have done all the work, but those breast implants certainly opened doors for Anna Nicole.
7. Lil’ Kim: Rapper, singer and songwriter Lil’ Kim made a name for herself as a member of Junior M.A.F.I.A. in 1995. After going solo and creating a number of hit albums, Lil’ Kim decided to go under the knife, getting a rhinoplasty and breast implants. Most critics believe that Lil’ Kim went too large with her implants, especially since she has such a small frame and stands a meager 4 feet 11 inches. She has since had other procedures done, and many believe she has become addicted to plastic surgery. Even so, it is her breast implants that have drawn a great deal of attention, and she tends to wear very revealing outfits in order to show them off.
8. Denise Richards: The former Bond Girl admitted to Howard Stern that she underwent three breast augmentations—to finally get them right. At the age of nineteen, Richards decided to get breast implants after seeing how great her roommates looked. Since she was flat-chested, she thought implants would make her look better, more feminine, and they inevitably launched her to stardom. However, she claimed the implants were too large, so she had a second operation, but those still didn’t work for her body. After the third procedure, she was happy with her look, but she warns girls to do their research before having breast enhancement.
9. Janet Jackson: She was already the superstar sister from pop and R&B's royal family, but up until the Super Bowl in 2004, most of Janet Jackson's fans might not have realized that the "Rhythm Nation" singer was also a breast augmentation patient. That's when the world's most famous "wardrobe malfunction" brought renewed attention to Miss Jackson and her noticeably larger bust. Of course, Janet Jackson's breast implants were hardly needed to help her music career, but in a roundabout way, they did help bring her arguably the most attention she got in the last decade.
10. Salma Hayek: After blasting onto the big screen in From Dusk Til Dawn, Salma Hayek has become an international superstar. While her celebrity status has evolved, so has her body. Early photos of the actress compared to more recent shots show that her bust size appears a bit bigger than it used to be. Despite the pictures, there is still intense speculation as to whether or not Salma Hayek had breast implants. Either way, her curvaceous body has helped her along the path to stardom.
Even though plastic surgery is widely accepted among the Hollywood crowd, celebrity breast implants are still highly controversial. Especially since some actresses, singers and reality television stars have a tendency to go overboard with their implants. However, there are a number of stars who did take the time to think about their choice and consider all their options before having implants, leaving them with excellent results that truly helped their careers.
It’s a good idea to follow the lead of these women who researched their surgical options and selected a certified surgeon to perform the procedure. If you are considering getting breast implants or having any kind of breast augmentation surgery, it’s a good idea to meet with a qualified plastic surgeon to discuss the operation. To locate a certified surgeon in your area or set up a private consultation, contact our offices today.