Hating Love Handles: Surgical Procedures for Muffin Tops
Fat loves to hang around in the most inconvenient places—in saddlebags, on your butt, underneath your chin, and on the back of your neck (see buffalo hump). But for many men and women, excess fat’s favorite place to accumulate is around your lower back, hips, and abdomen. The term love handles encompasses the unwanted fat in all of these areas, and it’s one of the hardest spots on the body to lose weight. If diet and exercise just aren’t enough to get rid of your muffin top, it may be time to explore more effective options. The range of surgical procedures to treat love handles is vast: there’s surgical, minimally-invasive, laser-powered, and more. Read on to learn exactly what types of plastic surgery treatments can help banish your low-rise jeans’ worst enemy, and which one is right for you.
Non-Surgical Treatments for Getting Rid of Love Handles
If you thought you had to go under the knife to get rid of your flanks, think again. Non-surgical treatments are at their most advanced, utilizing a number of techniques including lasers, heat, and electric currents in order to reduce fat.
- Arasys Using electric waveforms, Arasys encourages the body to create the same type of muscle contractions that occur during physical exertion. Used around the love handle area, Arasys can help cut 2-6 inches and tighten the skin.
- VelaShape™: Popularized by Kim Kardashian, VelaShape uses suction rollers for inch loss, skin tightening, and cellulite removal. If you struggle with love handles in addition to excess weight or cellulite on your thighs and buttocks, VelaShape would suit you well.
- Zeltiq CoolSculpting™: Zeltiq was specially formulated for use along the waistline and lower body, rendering it perfect for love handles and muffin tops. Zeltiq incorporates fat-freezing, allowing fat to naturally dissipate from the body. Users report that Zeltiq results in a 20% fat layer decrease.
Minimally-Invasive Treatment for Muffin Tops
Minimally-invasive treatments require just small incisions or injections. Recovery time will be short, and results will be more dramatic than non-invasive surgery.
- Lipodissolve™: Lipodissolve uses an injectable solution to break down fat cells. While it’s primarily used for cellulite treatment, Lipodissolve can be effective for inch loss around the stomach, hips, and lower back.
Surgical Procedures to Treat Love Handles and Muffin Tops
Surgical procedures offer a way to physically remove fat from the body. While liposuction remains the tried-and-true way to remove flanks, liposuction variants can provide even more targeted control of fat removal.
- Liposuction: Liposuction uses a cannula to suck excess fat from the body. The perks to liposuction for love handles include targeted fat removal and large volume fat removal.
- VASER LipoSelection®: The addition of ultrasonic energy helps this form of liposuction dissolve fat cells while leaving surrounding nerves and blood vessels in tact. LipoSelection is often associated with a speedy recovery, ideal for people on tight schedules.
- SmartLipo™: SmartLipo is like traditional liposuction, except that the cannula used has a laser fiber attached to further destroy fat. It makes draining excess fat away even easier.
Choosing a Procedure to Get Rid of Your Love Handles
Before opting for a medical love handle treatment, you should have exhausted all of your natural diet and exercise plans. If love handles are still an issue for you, choose a surgical procedure wisely. Keep in mind the amount of fat that you have to lose—if it’s a lot, a surgical procedure like liposuction will be best. If you are at or around your goal weight, a non-surgical procedure may be all you need.
The best way to learn more about your love handle treatment options is to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon. He or she will assess your body type and recommend the ideal treatment for you. During the consultation, you’ll also have the opportunity to learn about love handle treatment costs, recovery times, financing, and more. Contact our representatives today to schedule your personal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.
Exercise Crucial After Liposuction Surgery
Mommy Makeover Trend: 62% of U.S. Moms Seek Plastic Surgery
Abdominal Etching: Another Six Pack Short Cut
Toe Shortening & Toe Reduction Surgery
Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Weight-Loss Surgery
Cosmetic Surgery Provides Relief for the ‘Toe-bese’
Governor Chris Christie Gets Lap-Band Surgery for Weight Loss
Body Contouring: For When Diet and Exercise Aren’t Enough
How to Boost Your Body after Bariatric Surgery
The Scoop on Back Scooping Surgery
Beverly Hills’ Newest Procedure: Shrink Wrap Liposuction
Top 3 Non-Surgical Body Contouring Methods
Arm Lifts Skyrocket Over 4,000 Percent Since 2000
Introducing the Vanquish- A New Non-Surgical Fat Removal System
Aqua Shape Combines Liposuction and Fat Injections into One Procedure
AquaLipo & Body-Jet Review: How Water-Assisted Liposuction Works
Benefits vs Risks of Bariatric Surgery for Weight Loss
Buffalo Hump Correction Surgery
Child Liposuction Procedures
CoolLipo: The Latest in Fat Dissolving Laser Liposuction
BodyTite Liposuction: Fat Removal + Skin Tightening
Custom Acoustic Liposuction: An Introduction
Fractional Laser Stretch Mark Treatment Earns FDA Approval
Hating Love Handles: Surgical Procedures for Muffin Tops
iLipo Body Contouring Review: Non-Surgical Breakthrough?
Large Volume Liposuction: An Introduction
Lipo X: Non-Surgical Liposuction Alternative
Liposuction Extracts Stem Cells for Heart Surgery
Liposuction Preparation: Pre-Surgery Checklist
Male Liposuction Surgery: The Basics
Mommy Make Over - Plastic Surgery for Recent Moms
New Study: Liposuction Reduces Heart Disease Risk
New Vaser LipoSelection System Introduced
ProLipo Joins Fat Removal Brigade
Rib Removal for a Smaller Waist: Is it for Real?
The Safety of Combining a Hysterectomy and Tummy Tuck
SlimLipo™: New Laser Lipo Treatment
Smooth Tuck Combines Elements of Liposuction, Tummy Tuck
The Three Types of Tummy Tuck: Which Is Right for Me?
Tickle Lipo: Non-Invasive Fat Removal for the Unticklish
TriPollar Introduces Amazing Cellulite Removal Powered by Radio Frequencies
Tumescent Liposuction Still Most Popular with Plastic Surgeons
Tummy Tuck Costs: Assessing Abdominoplasty Prices
Tummy Tuck Preparation Checklist
Tummy Tuck vs Liposuction: Best Option for a Flatter Tummy?
Vaser Shape MC1 Targets Cellulite
VASERsmooth Liposuction Prevents Rippling and Dimples
Vaser High Def LipoSculpture
VASER Introduces 4D Sculpt for Muscle Definition and Fat Loss
Vaser Ultrasonic Liposuction: A Closer Look
VelaShape for Back Fat Removal
Which Liposuction Procedure Is Right for Me?
Zeltiq: The Latest Liposuction Alternative
Zerona Zeros In on Body Fat